View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 08:49 PM   #3
98_Gold_Uranus
98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough98_Gold_Uranus is a jewel in the rough

1998 SL2
Default Re: 2nd gen steering wheel swap, for a 3rd gen wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trottida View Post
No, the major difference is that they are splined differently. I suppose you could look at changing out the steering column and figure out the wiring but that's a lot of effort to go through.

If you want to upgrade you can swap in a leather steering wheel from a 95-99 sedan, wagon or coupe. There are two types; perforated leather and standard leather. The coupes are equipped with perforated leather whereas the sedans and wagons the standard leather. They are both the same as the 98 steering wheel shown below except leather wrapped.
Ah okay. That's what I was most curious about keeping me from doing it, the splines on the column where the wheel goes on...

My SL2 actually has the leather wrapped wheel already in great shape, I was just looking at options that rearrange the horn and cruise control buttons.

One with radio control options would be amazing, but I don't think such a thank exist, at least in the form of an original factory option lol.

Thanks for the speedy reply

98 SL2, 70k miles, kept in the family since new!

Her name is Uranus :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 98_Gold_Uranus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 98_Gold_Uranus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
98_Gold_Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote