View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 10:29 PM   #17
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: new to me, 2006 saturn vue 102k miles horrible grinding in rear when AWD is engag

Underthehood and F2G,
I hate it when I brain fart!!! I did get the carrier bearing confused with the center support bearing.... which is where my issue is.... so you got me on that one... That being said.... I stand by my price on the cost of the fluid, and the directions on how to change it. But, rethinking this, I would seriously consider getting a used RDM from a junkyard, especially an 05-07 version if they will give you any kind of warrenty on it. Then do the fluid change and fill as soon as you get it home...

Of course, depending on where you live, you can also just pull the prop shaft for the next several months and drive the car in full FWD mode while you are working on the RDM. And do definitely change the gear oil in the transfer case on the back of the transmission, I used Lucas Hypoid 80w90 I believe. Finally, seeing as you just got the car.... do two drain and fills on the trans itself, using ONLY Honda DW-1 full synthetic trans fluid. By the HONDA book it should have been done 3-4 times so far.... and it is REAL easy to do all things considered.

John

aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lord_varon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lord_varon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote