View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 07:39 PM   #9
JosephN79
JosephN79 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Key stuck after radio install

It's never don't this before. Once it turned all the way off after running in the driveway for about 20 min, I took it for a half hour drive while I listened to the new radio. I came home, the key cycles fine and I haven't had trouble since.

I was looking up cylinder lock replacements on YouTube, specifically for a 2007 vue. It looked do-able. Where I place the new tumblers in same order as the old cylinder...

I have new keys I had cut with my orig key that was already 8 years old when I got it. I'm gonna try to see how they do. Other than the orig key coming out regardless of position, it works fine.

However, sometimes when I turn the car off and pull the key out, the outermost "slot" isn't always all the way to off. In that case i put the tip of the key in just enough to turn it that last 1/8" and I feel it pop into place. If that makes any sense. I should mention it takes no pressure to do this, I kind of just "help" it along..

I understand deca talking about the wheel lock too. That is a pita when it happens but this wasn't the case here.

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JosephN79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JosephN79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JosephN79 is offline   Reply With Quote