View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 05:44 AM   #5
NCdad
NCdad is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1
2001 SL1
Default Re: Saturn vs Subaru

My son, who also loves the Saturn SL1 with manual transmission has transitioned over to a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek. I live in North Carolina as I did when I bought the Saturn new in 2001. We all drove it and I still have it. He bought the Crosstrek when he moved to Colorado. He claims the Subaru is more suited to the terrain and heavy snowfalls that occur there. Subaru is a VERY popular car brand in Colorado ! My son also needed more room to haul stuff. The original tires on our Saturn were rated for 45K miles and lasted that long. The original tires on the Subaru were rated at 35K miles and lasted only 32K. I had never seen such a short lived tire come with a new car! The only criticism I heard about Subaru came from a Car Talk episode. It claimed that Subaru's were prone for blowing head gaskets at 100K miles. He wondered if they finally cured that. I have not told my son that. I don't want to throw cold water on his enthusiasm for his new Subaru. I will wait a few years. Other than that, I consider comparisons between Subaru and the SL series to be like comparing apples to oranges. They are two different cars that excel in different markets.

Last edited by NCdad; 07-05-2016 at 05:55 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NCdad's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NCdad reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NCdad is offline   Reply With Quote