View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #19
floridasl22002
floridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to beholdfloridasl22002 is a splendid one to behold

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: whine/groan from new AC Compressor

You sound like you have your hands well & truly full, but don't let this 'mechanic' get away with sloppy workmanship. It's your hard earned money at the end of the day.
Tell him you want this replacing and the job putting right or else. BUT put it in writing.
Is he registered with the Better Business Bureau? You can file a complaint with them.
Does his business appear on the internet? If so you can post a few really bad reviews and that will harm his business.
Is he independent or a franchise? If he's a franchise, then move up the ladder.
Is his business part of any federation, etc. If it is complain to the group. Good groups don't want losers dragging their name through the mud.
If he decides to be a jerk and you can afford to be without your car for a day, then put some signs on the windows and park it up opposite his shop. That should stir him into action. Friend of mine did that with a builder. He had issues on his new house, they were foot dragging on sorting them. He parked his car opposite the show home with signs on the windows. Same day they fixed the issues!
If all else fails threaten him with Small Claims Court. They are for civil matters, like consumer issues. For a small fee to the court, they serve him a summons to appear. Both of you get your day in court and it sounds like he'll lose. I've done this once with a customer who ordered stuff then didn't pay. I won, they paid and we all went home.
Don't let him get the better of you, be ballsy!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to floridasl22002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help floridasl22002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
floridasl22002 is offline   Reply With Quote