View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 03:27 AM   #1
nedford
nedford is on a distinguished road

2000 SL
Dizzy 2000 saturn sl oil and idle issues

I recently bought my first saturn, and for the most part do love it. It was a slightly shady buy though at only 700 bucks, but it had 200,000 miles on it and from what I visually inspected didn't seem that bad at first. It was said it had some issues with the pcv valve and it was spitting a little oil out the exhaust pipe, so I bought a new pcv valve for real cheap and had less issues but less reliable idle, then shortly after changing the oil filter(which yes I know the original could have been reused if it hadn't broken in the process of me removing it), I had many issues with the oil aka seafoaming out the exhaust and way worse idle issues. This confuses me cause performance wise it runs as if it were getting fine compression and all. I tried reading more into it and some sources say it could also be the egr valve. Please help me brainstorm?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nedford's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nedford reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nedford is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links