View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
VelvetB
VelvetB is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: Help with 01 LW300 Timing Belt and Seals

Thanks GregS&L.
I'm beginning to understand why no one does the seals. First off, good luck finding the bolts! I thought I was fairly decent at internet searches, but not only couldn't I find the camshaft bolts, I can't even find a part number. I saw one post in a Catera forum saying you have to order the whole camshaft sprocket kit! There's a seller on eBay UK selling the "VAUXHALL OPEL OMEGA VECTRA SAAB CAMSHAFT PULLEY BOLT + WASHER 92MM" for $5 USED!! Damn!
Plus if you do find them, add 2 more tools to your toolbox a Torque Angle Meter and the GM J 42065 Crank Hub Holding Tool. ht tp://i50.tinypic.com/2dwak2f.jpg .
WOW! Anybody seen the bolts online? Why do we even need a stretch bolt on the cam sprockets? Did GM have lots of problems with sprockets jumping off the cams for the last 100 years? Or is it just GM wanting to insure customers "come back & see me sometime"? At least until we abandon you. Has anybody replaced stretch bolts with a high quality Grade 8 bolt and some thread lock? This is my first Saturn, I've been driving Ford. I can't believe we need a Tech 2 to even program a new Keyless Remote. Why? Does it seem to anybody else GM is going out of their way to make it difficult for people who believe that they themselves can screw up a car as good as the dealership?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VelvetB's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VelvetB reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VelvetB is offline   Reply With Quote