View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
VelvetB
VelvetB is on a distinguished road

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Help with 01 LW300 Timing Belt and Seals

I'm the new owner of a 2001 LW300 with 120k miles. I'm changing the timing belt. The previous owner recently changed only the water pump when it went bad. I'm going with the Gates TCK285AP. If anybody needs one this seemed like a good deal at Amazon for $139.53 with free shipping. It comes with the belt, tensioners, 4 camshaft seals and a crankshaft seal. I don't think the seals are leaking yet but considering the work involved getting down there, I don't want to do it again for the seals and then possibily another new belt. I've read a lot of great posts here regarding the timing belt and tensioners but haven't found much of anything including the seals. Obviously I can't lock the cams or crank while doing their seals. Has anybody done all at once? How much will removing the cam and crank gears throw off the timing. Does this absolutely necessitate a timing belt tool kit? Any advice or tips are much appreciated. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VelvetB's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VelvetB reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VelvetB is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links