View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: 95 sl2 wont start , just replaced timing chain

Hope you meant to say Crank Position Sensor, not Cam Position Sensor (no cam position sensor to replace).

I don't know why but any time I've done engine work that disconnects the fuel lines it goes from not getting fuel at all, to flooding with fuel. It sounds as though flooding is the problem, so did you get 2 different part numbers for the CTS's or two of the same?
I'd also verify the splice for the new 2-wire sensor connector is good (soldiered, not crimped), I don't believe it cares about polarity but a bad connection with the 2-wire sensor for '91-'95's won't show on the gauge.

Spark plug wiring:
1234 [cam cover end]
4123 [coil pack end]
with 1&4 routed next to each other.

It should still start & run with a camshaft 1 tooth off, but it won't run very good. If compression is less then 180psi it really needs a rebuild, though I've seen posts from people with a running motor down to ~130psi.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote