View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Thrashplayhere
Thrashplayhere is on a distinguished road

Default SL2 Coolant Issue

I have a 2000 Saturn SL2 with a coolant issue. 2 days ago my low coolant level light came on and I had to add water three times just to get home from work. I dropped off my car and my mechanic replaced the water pump, 2 main radiator hoses, serpentine belt and added new coolant.

Yesterday, I'm on my way home from work, I was sitting at a red light and the traffic was backed up pretty bad. I start seeing steam come out from under the hood about where the coolant reservoir is. It as iff the coolant start to boil and then slowly leak out.I had this issue once before about 7-8 months ago and my mechanic said my fan wasn't coming on and he replaced the fan motor. Obviously, it's something more than the parts I've already had replaced.

I want to assume it's the thermostat (which I can buy and replace myself) but, I wanted to see what you guys think it could be.

Thanks in advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Thrashplayhere's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Thrashplayhere reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Thrashplayhere is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links