View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 04:57 PM   #5
Jsolts
Jsolts is on a distinguished road

1997 SC1
Default Re: 2 transmissions 1 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
So the difference in replacing a tranny plus a clutch and just replacing the tranny is $900? For a $100 clutch? Same amount of work is involved. Just take an extra five minutes or less two R&R the clutch/pressure plate. It should be removed and cleaned anyway since its probably covered in tranny fluid.

I regularly pick up transmissions for $69.99. Every couple months pick-n-pull has a half priced weekends and I get them for $39.98. If I know a half priced weekend is coming up, I go there during the week and remove a couple transmissions. Then I hide them at the other end of the yard in a truck or van and come back during the weekend and pick them up.
Thats awesome - unfortunately im not mechanically inclined enough to pull apart my transmission, what im amazed at is the fact that a used transmission + labour costs me $1000 (canadian) am i gettin robbed on labour?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jsolts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jsolts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jsolts is offline   Reply With Quote