View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2007 AURA XR
2001 SC2
Default Re: 2 transmissions 1 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolts View Post
just over a year ago something in my differencial broke and shot through the tranny destroying it, flooding my clutch with oil. $2000 to fix
I sure hope that included some sort of lubricant.

Quote:
the garages i have spoke to have told me that this is a common problem with these cars, due to cheap parts in the diff.

Is this true ?
While not the best design, it can be avoided. Usually loss of traction on one or both wheels the suddenly gaining traction causes this. More so on manuals than automatics.

Quote:
What could have caused this, im a little ticket that i have to put another $2000 into the tranny.

Any comments / suggestions?
These transmissions can be found very, very cheap. A lot of us just disassemble it, weld the differential pin in place then reinstall it into the car.

You might want to find a different place to take your car to be repaired. More so since you've already spent more than your car is worth to repair the first transmission.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Limited Edition SC2 (#78)
-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2007 Saturn Aura XR
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote