View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 05:37 PM   #1
imaddicted2u
imaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really niceimaddicted2u is just really nice

2008 AURA XE
Default Note to self...don't fill the gas tank to the brim...

I heard gas was going up so I went to fill up. When the pump clicked off I tried to squeeze in enough to get up to the next full dollar.
Next day my Wife complained that the remote start wasn't working, I remembered, check engine light comes on, remote start quits working.
My scanner showed two ECM codes. P0449 - Evap vent solenoid control circuit and P0455 - Evap system large leak.
I thought it too coincidental that I would get the codes right after filling up. I noticed the faint smell of gas around the back of the car. My first guess was a loose gas cap. I cleaned up the sealing ring and put it on good and tight. I cleared the codes but next day P0455 returned. The scanner showed the tank to be 100.50% full. Went for a drive to bring the tank level down and so far the codes have not returned and the scanner readings of the parameters around the Evap system look normal. I'm pretty sure the charcoal canister got saturated with fuel from the too full tank. I hope I'm right, time will tell.
Some words of wisdom...
When the pump stops...you stop...

2008 Saturn Aura XE 3.5L 4 spd
2000 Saturn SL1 1.9L SOHC (Retired)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to imaddicted2u's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help imaddicted2u reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
imaddicted2u is online now   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links