View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 AM   #10
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Saturnized Corsa on the Horizon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet View Post
I feel that it was GM's plan to leave the Corsa price market segment to Chevrolet as Saturn's direction is clearly "up scale markets". But that was before $3.00 a gallon gasoline. We all heard Mr. Lutz state that the next generatrion Opel Corsa would be marketed here as a Saturn Corsa.

Regardless of Saturn's up scale direction, they need the Corsa to compete in this insane $3.00 per gallon fuel market because gas prices aren't going down anytime soon. All indications are, gas will continue it's upward spiral.
I don't think GM was intent on taking Saturn out of this market segment. It's not as much a matter of price as it is segment. The Corsa will/should cost more than the Aveo, since Saturn is still going to be more upmarket compared to Chevrolet. This would mean that the Corsa would come with more features standard and be a better all around car.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a lot of future Corsa in this Saturn Concept that was revealed on Monday?

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote