Thread: Blowout!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
454cid
454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough454cid is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Blowout!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummo View Post
I went to get my jack out of my SW2 for use as an aid in repairing my mother in-law's outside staircase and noticed that my never used Space-Saver Spare had exploded at some time in the last year-ish. Exposed steel wires and ripped open tread. This is a moderately rusty rim as the wheel well does get moist inside and I found it with about a half inch of water in it when I first purchased the car. I am open for suggestions as to the best and easiest way to replace the thing.
Weird, mine was burst too.... it was also very well used, so I assumed it happened during use. I never asked my brother-in-law about it.

Quote:
Q: Does a full size spare fit in the well? (If it does then why did they put in a space-saver spare? money???)
I pulled a 14" fullsize wheel from a salvage yard car and it almost fits flat.... close enough for me. I don't have the carpet or board in the truck anymore, Though.

2000 SL2 Automatic (back on the road) 17X,XXX miles.
1999 Chevy K3500

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 454cid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 454cid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
454cid is online now   Reply With Quote