View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #10
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: Help! Motor Mounts replaced aaaaaand...

The top engine mount & transmission mount are mainly load bearing with the top engine mount getting the big portion of vibration dampening. If the transmission mount was that bad/old....how old are the dog bones?

When I bought aftermarket dog bones & prothane inserts, people were bad mouthing the crap outta the dog bones but I've had them with the inserts at least 60k miles and other than a tad rusty they're good as new. Don't get the prothane inserts if you want a vibration free engine/idle though....they stiffen things up far too much & pass vibrations on rather then absorb them. Doesn't bother me other than really cold mornings when everything imaginable rattles but once it warms up the rattles settle down

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote