View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2
Default Jacking Up Hockey Puck

I’ve seen a lot of Jacking Up Hockey Pucks on Amazon after watching a YouTube mechanic say that he uses a hockey puck with a groove cut into it to give a steady cushion when jacking up cars at the manufacturer’s recommended jacking point. It supposedly/ideally avoids the weld seam from collapsing to one side From the weight which seems to be a true possibility. I am getting ready to cut a groove in my 1994 Rangers Stanley Cup commemorative Hockey Puck and drilling out some divets in the other side to sit nicely into the head of my floor jack. I also just bought a pretty substantial $12.00 rubber floor mat to sit under the jack and jack stands (after cutting into sections) to add some more stability and grip on the surface of my driveway. I have tried pieces of scrap wood only, but the splitting sounds becomes unnerving while jacking the car up. I think a combination of wood and the rubber mat will hopefully offer a nice secure solution. There are even custom rubber Jack Stand head pieces on Amazon but I will try another small chunk of my floor mat first. I’ve even considered trying pieces of carpet.

Any thoughts or experiences to share?

Also: Is there a secure and safe center point on or near the rear axle for jacking up the entire rear of our S-Series Cars?

• 1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
• 2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
• 1994 SL1 new traded
• 1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links