Old 09-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
phatfire6
Advanced Member
phatfire6 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR
Default Re: Yet another AUX in revisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by polizzi82 View Post
I've checked the Astra Owners Network and it seems they love the aux in port with leads that does not require any Tech2 nonsense... http://cd30mp3.co.uk/products.html

Anyone here try it? I'm so sick of FM modulating...
I hate to break it to you, but the geniuses of Saturn locked that function out of the stereo via the firmware of the radio. The radio may have all the electrical connections, but its the firmware that runs it, and a tech2 cannot do a factory firmware update. The terminology may not be correct, but the idea is - the only way you can get the AUX IN is to import a CD30 or CDC40 that has that capability from the UK or Germany.

It's the same reason that the US version of the CDC40 actually has the pinout for the SUBOUT but doesn't actually send a signal to those pins. Already tried every option with the tech2 to activate it - no dice. Nothing can be done with it....

Now given that information, I bet there is a way to backdoor the OnStar function, but I feel that it may be a monaural output.

Best of luck, don't let us stop you from researching - you may make a breakthrough that we all missed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phatfire6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phatfire6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phatfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote