View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #7
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2
Default Re: '99 SC1 Shifter Linkage

The clip isn't gonna be on the cradle, as the OP heard it hit the ground ("metallic sound"). But your point about the wire-tie is well-taken. Even to limp around before getting a new clip, s/he might be able to use a twist-tie or a zip-tie to secure that cable housing. I've lost one big (housing) clip and one small (core end) clip over the years. Recovered the big clip when it happened (I heard that same metallic sound) and was on my way. When I lost the small one, it was in the middle of one of the city's busiest intersections, and I never saw it again. I put the cable end back on the "ball" on the linkage, put a zip-tie over it, and it held until I got to the dealer.

I never had to remove the battery to reach this area; removing the air snorkle gave me plenty of room.
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote