View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
JrmyCrss
JrmyCrss is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
Default 2006 Ion Knock Sensor Replacement

Hello All, New to the forum. I tried searching, and although i found some very usefull information, i could not find exactly what i'm looking for.

My mother has a 2006 Saturn Ion, she said the check engine light came on yesterday and advance auto checked it and said it was the knock sensor. After reviewing some of the posts here, i asked her some questions that seem to come up.

She hasn't changed the octane of gas she uses (probably low grade) Gets gas at the same place. She says there hasn't been a change in the cars driving, and that there is a clicking noise.

A Mechanic she has used before estimated 1500 or so to fix it, but unless the motor has to be pulled out to replace it, i cant see that kind of price.

I'm looking for a how to replace the knock sensor, she cant afford that price. She is in georgia about 8 hrs away from me, so i dont even know if she should drive it to tennessee so i could fix it. Any help is much appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JrmyCrss's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JrmyCrss reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JrmyCrss is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links