View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #98
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Would You Buy A Saturn - Now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx404 View Post
I understand and thank you for that bit of info. You have just validated my point that CR does not update thier information when major changes are introduced to Saturn models.*
You seem to know your CR issues well, but if you know your Saturns well, you will realize how much CR was missing year after year, not just on the ION.

*One example, then I am done here: 2005 ION was NOT the same as 2007. Aisin tranny vs Hydromatic, Sound-dampening materials never mentioned in CR, 140hp vs 145hp, improved engine for '07 only (actually an enhanced Cobalt engine), many changes never mentioned by CR.

Let's not forget what a winner thier Best Pick of 2004/05 was, the Ford Focus? Ahem...
The 2005 had the Hydramatic. The 2007 wasn't improved enough to matter plus they knew the car was going off the market.
Remember CR buys their cars at dealers, they don't just ask the manufacturers for a test car. It would be too expensive to buy each car every year just to test a minor improvement
The Focus is a great car, I doubt it was best pick. It was probably recommended. Plus it's reliable

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote