View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #13
Okieshooter777
Okieshooter777 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Sway Bar Link Replacement *With Pictures*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigey View Post
A bit of thread resurrection.... My SL2 started creaking about a week ago and thanks to these forums I realized it was a high probability it was the sway bar stabilizer links. Having had SL1's before, I never knew about this part!

It's a pretty easy job (and to add to the debate, I use a jack, axle stands and big old wooden blocks, I'd never rely on just one thing, and prefer to rely on 3 things to support a car as a rule of thumb, maybe I'm a bit over cautious!). Additionally, as a cyclist I'd had an old frame that had cracked, so have used a cut tube of the frame over a wrench for leverage with great results. And I found I really needed this too to get the nut off.

One last thing: I got 2 Moog sway bar links for $11 from RockAuto (they were private label package) but was delighted to see they were actually Moog branded parts with the grease fittings. I pumped them full of grease before installing, as well as inserting a small cut plastic tube full of grease just slightly longer than the nipple over the grease nipple to protect from the weather. So for a total of $18 incl shipping, I replaced both, I have no creaking now, result and a bargain!

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Okieshooter777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Okieshooter777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Okieshooter777 is offline   Reply With Quote