Old 06-13-2003, 05:49 PM   #16
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff P
In 1994 Saturn sold 286,000 S series cars. This had dropped dramatically down to the 150,000 range by the end of it's run, but it gives you an idea of the numbers they're shooting for.
I will be very interested in seeing how many total new Saturns are sold in 2003. I think the total is in some ways more important than the individual model breakdown. In 1994 customers had the choice of three body styles and two engines on one basic platform. Now we have three platforms, still two engines and a much larger choice of styles and grades on each platform. Saturn now has some competition among its own lines for customers who want a Saturn. In the last two Saturns I bought, I comparison shopped Saturn models against each other. In my case a VTi VUE won out over a LW200 and an ION 3 was chosen over an L200. The choice for me was clear but yet close both times. Each one counted however as one new Saturn sold.
If the current sales figures continue at similar rates, the overall company sales should be well over 200,000 units. Although I'm sure the company would like each model to sell higher numbers the grand total may be acceptable in our currently weak economy. We'll better see in another couple of months.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!