View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
gpartrid
Advanced Member
gpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the roughgpartrid is a jewel in the rough

2008 AURA XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: AMP's Electrified Saturn Sky is a Finalist in the International $10M X Prize Comp

I saw a report on the evening news (NBC) earlier this week that the Federal Government MAY require the auto industry to give hybrid vehicles a noisier engine. The report went on to say that people with visual impairments (blindness) and other disabilities as well as pet owners have difficulty hearing approaching vehicles, in particular, when they're running on battery power and this supposedly poses a significant danger to pedestrians.

Although I agree with SOME of what I heard (specifically people with visual impairments), my initial reaction was a cynical head shaking and thinking "you just can't make it right for everyone". That's a bit of a disappointment.

There are also a few recent articles about "too quiet hybrid engines" I was able to find.

Good luck, AMP!

2008 AURA XR
Ocean Mist
Sunroof
Loaded!
Built: 07/19/07

2008 SKY RL
Silver Pearl
Black on Black
6 Disc w. Monsoon
Chrome Wheels
4 Pedals
GMPP Turbo Upgrade & CAI
Built: 09/20/07

Last edited by gpartrid; 07-07-2010 at 01:51 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gpartrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gpartrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gpartrid is offline   Reply With Quote