View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #1
Manospeed
Manospeed has a spectacular aura aboutManospeed has a spectacular aura aboutManospeed has a spectacular aura about

Default 2007 Saturn Vue timing chain replacement?

Hi,

I wanted to get a feel of everyone's opinion about how difficult it would be for a total newbie like myself to change my 2007 Saturn Vue's timing chain? My experiences working with the car only include a standard oil change, rotor/brake replacement, and just recently the front struts/springs.

My Vue has about 133,000 miles on the odometer and it still has the original timing chain on it. The engine itself does not sound very smooth/quiet when running, but is making a "chainy" noise. I would imagine the tension of the chain at 133,000 miles is certainly not the same as it was when the car was new.

Is this project realistic for someone with minimal experience like myself? Would I be getting way over my head with this in terms of complexity or is this something doable? The engine is GM's 2.2 liter Ecotech.

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Manospeed's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Manospeed reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Manospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links