View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #122
guting
guting is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio

OK. Here is my experience. My Saturn Vue 2007 had a radio problem before. The clock display went out intermittently a couple of days several years ago. I pushed hard on the ON/OFF button. It somehow came back. This suggested a loose connection or electronic component problems. Saturn Vue 2007 has 2 fuses for the radio in the fuse cluster. There is no fuse in the back of the radio itself. The radio worked without any problems for several years.

Last week, I changed the car battery by myself. The radio went dead completely. In hindsight, I should have removed the radio fuses because radios are known to be sensitive to brownouts. No clock display. No illumination at night. This was different from others talking about loss of unlock code. Their units were not dead. My factory radio was Model 15878975. I took it out based on a Youtube video tutorial. Replaced with an identical model from eBay for $60 (hardly any scratches). Worked right away. Clock, AM/FM, MP3 disk player, OnStar all worked, except XM. In the XM mode, it says "XM TheftLocked" and no XM radio sound. I never subscribed to XM. My old radio in XM would play their subscription commercials. By the way, my old radio serial number was 1471XX (6 digits) vs. the eBay radio serial 360XX (5 digits). The latter was much smaller. Could be from a Saturn Vue 2006 car that also was known to use the same radio model.

I found more information about the XM lock. I searched the web. There is a Saturn service bulletin about it.
#PIC3389C: XM Radio Inoperative After Radio Replacement - keywords information lock saturn techII theft theflock U2K - (Feb 13, 2007)
Subject: XM Radio Inoperative After Radio Replacement
Models: 2004-2007 Saturn Ion
2003-2007 Saturn Vue

With the Tech2 updated with software version 25.002 or later, follow the below list path to repair the issue.
Install the Tech 2 to the DLC.
Turn ON the ignition with the engine off.
With the Tech 2 , select> Diagnostics.
Select model year>
Select vehicle line> Saturn
Select vehicle Make>
Select> Radio
Select> Special function
Select> Program VIN and follow instruction listed on the screen
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

There is another solution mentioned at a different web site. A company will take $35 fee + shipping to flash the radio to remove the "XM TheftLocked" display.

By the way, you can buy an aftermarket radio with 7" LCD with DVD, GPS navigation, car reverse camera (with trigger) plugin ready on Ebay for about $250 for 2007 Vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to guting's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help guting reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
guting is offline   Reply With Quote