View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
tinydancer2011
tinydancer2011 is on a distinguished road

Question High Idling, Dies Randomly, 1999 Saturn SL2

I have a manual 1999 Saturn SL2 with about 183,000 miles on it. When the oil was being changed about 7 months ago, the individual changing the oil created a spark under the car and since then, I have been having issues with my Saturn. The first issue is that I will start the car and it will die right away, it will turn over and if I push the gas, it will rev the engine, but the second that I release the gas, it will die. I will get it to start eventually, but something is wrong there. The other major issue I have is that now and then the Saturn will idle very high while I am coasting or even at a complete stop, why is this? Any help is much appreciated. I thought maybe something iwth the fuel injector/pump, the ECTS, the TPS, or maybe even the throttle needs cleaning, but I am not an expert in cars, so someone please give me input.
Thank you!

Last edited by tinydancer2011; 01-03-2013 at 05:36 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tinydancer2011's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tinydancer2011 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tinydancer2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links