gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 will become famous soon enoughgm7 will become famous soon enough

2009 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Oil Consumption Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_varon View Post
GM7,
I want you to realize, I am not trying to bash the engines anymore. This is more general information. I bought the 08 Equinox without doing proper research. Had I seen that the 08 Vue and Equinox had the transmission reliability and potential oil consumption issues, I would not have bought it. That being said, I did more research, and the oil consumption issues are minimal with the new 3.6, as, per Satlite440, they updated the design to eliminate a lot of the possibility of it starting. And in my research, it showed no issues with the 14 3.6 engines. That was something that I specifically looked for. But the 4 cylinder engines are showing big issues. Again, not me, multiple reports from other sources.

Also, this time I not only have the remainder of the 5 year/100,000 mile engine and transmission warranty, plus an additional 3 year/36,000 mile service plan.

John.
Hard for me to bash the 3.6 because all the V6's I have owned from GM...3.1L, 3.6L and 3.8L have never used any appreciable oil. Of course I have bought the cars new and changed the air filter and oil frequently...and broke them in medium...not babied nor bashed.

Can you add a bit more detail to what you wrote above in bold?
I am curious what years you believe the 3.6L both low horsepower or direct injected suffered oil consumption issues? Pretty clear you believe the '08 did. How about the '09 which is the year of my car? You say your '14 is unaffected.

What model year did GM resolve the oil consumption issue? Do you know what changes they made to resolve the issue?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote