View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 02:55 PM   #7
lord_varon
Advanced Member
lord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of lightlord_varon is a glorious beacon of light

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: Oil Consumption Thoughts

GM7,
I want you to realize, I am not trying to bash the engines anymore. This is more general information. I bought the 08 Equinox without doing proper research. Had I seen that the 08 Vue and Equinox had the transmission reliability and potential oil consumption issues, I would not have bought it. That being said, I did more research, and the oil consumption issues are minimal with the new 3.6, as, per Satlite440, they updated the design to eliminate a lot of the possibility of it starting. And in my research, it showed no issues with the 14 3.6 engines. That was something that I specifically looked for. But the 4 cylinder engines are showing big issues. Again, not me, multiple reports from other sources.

Also, this time I not only have the remainder of the 5 year/100,000 mile engine and transmission warranty, plus an additional 3 year/36,000 mile service plan.

John.

aka
Lord_Varon
07 Vue V6 AWD LOADED!!! aka SUPER CRITTER!!! Sadly gone, and definitely missed.
08 Equinox Sport 3.6 6 spd auto, AWD, even more loaded. And the jury is still out on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lord_varon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lord_varon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lord_varon is offline   Reply With Quote