View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #12
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: 1997 Fuel pump replacement

I don't see how you could do this with ramps. I had to get both a '93 SL2 and my '96 SC2's back end nearly 3ft in the air to get the tank out so I could swap it. Maybe didn't have to, but it didn't just fall out because the straps got in the way at 'ramp height' so I kept raising it higher, then didn't bother finding a different way for the SC2.

I didn't even know you could/should disconnect at the filler end.

Only took a bit over an hour to swap tanks. That one bolt that's 1/4 hidden is freaking annoying without anything to angle the socket from the extension.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote