View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
Saturn4Ever
Saturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the roughSaturn4Ever is a jewel in the rough

2009 Astra XR
2008 Outlook XR
Default Re: Astra buying advice wanted

From reading the forums, it seems that finding a good dealer is key.

Some seem to have no idea what to do with the Astra (or any Saturns), while others seem eager for the business and picked up all the Saturn mechanics when they folded. You may want to ask around to other Astra owners if you are looking for a good dealer.

I've never had any problems getting parts, but then again I haven't ordered that many parts. Anything I've ordered myself (things like OEM sparkplugs or wipers) or the dealer have needed was available within a few days...and some of the parts were pretty obscure.

I also haven't had many significant major problems so that may be why I have not had dealer frustrations. I had a wheel bearing hub go under the bumper to bumper warranty plus two cosmetic items - pitting of the roof rails (part arrived in 3 days) and a seat belt stop that had popped off. All items were addressed quickly and to my satisfaction.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn4Ever's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn4Ever reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote