View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
Teejoka813
Teejoka813 is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Lw300 NIGHTMARE PLEASE HELP (OVERHEATING)

Hey Saturn family. Big Bluu my Lw300 (Lamborghini wagon) is on the fritz. I'm a pretty saavy mechanic but I don't know where to start with this engine.

The Problem
First thing. I woke up one day and when I'm on the interstate I notice she is alot warmer than normal. The TEMP GAUGE was reading about 1/2 way mark and wouldn't budge. No signs or warnings she was hot. I turned on the heater to try and help the already running high fans and her temp gauge wouldn't move. About 20 minutes into the drive the temp gauge went down a hair but the fans were still on high. I checked my fluid levels and it was full overfull to be exact. It's been 2 days and she hasn't redlined but has slightly crept above the 1/2 way mark. Also I noticed this morning a strong smell of gas in the oil. Not sure if that's related but a problem I suspect.

Work done.
I replaced the radiator about 5 months ago. I yesterday replaced the COOLANT TEMP SENSOR which has kept her from crossing the 1/2 mark but the needle now rocks close to it.

Im suspecting the thermostat and t housing are leaking but I'm almost terrified to break down the engine. I'm saavy but have not done seals and gaskets before. The question I have with the seals and gaskets.... Is it required to change upper and lower intake seals as well as the valve cover gaskets when changing TSTAT.

MY APOLOGIES IF IM ALL OF THE PLACE IN THIS POST I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO CHECK OR WHERE TO START. MY WIFE HAS STARTED A NEW JOB 30 MILES ROUND TRIP AND IN THE CURRENT CONDITION I NOT TRYING TO LOSE OUR ONLY MODE OF TRANSPORTATION. WE HAVE HAD HER 2 YEARS THIS COMING DECEMBER. AND SHE HAS 192000 MILES

PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE

WHERE DO I START

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Teejoka813's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Teejoka813 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Teejoka813 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links