View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
fst2011
fst2011 will become famous soon enoughfst2011 will become famous soon enough

Question 04 Vue Power Steering Issue, Please Help

Hello everyone,

My sister recently got a 2004 Saturn Vue and had problems left & right. All problems are currently fixed except for the power steering.

The Issue:
While she is driving the power steering will just shut off (And then come back on) and basically be a car with no power steering which is extremely hard to drive. Sometimes she will get in the car in morning and it will not be working, but as she drives, it comes back on. Sometimes while driving it will be no power steering for a long time and then for no reason it will start working again.

I had car looked at but they cant find the issue. They say unless it stays broken, they cannot find issue. He mentioned he could change 1 of the 2 parts he feels might be problem but there is no way of knowing for sure if thats the problem and he really doesnt want to waste money.

I tried looking under hood for the power steering reservoir but I cannot find it. I read somewhere that Hybrid vue dont have, but this vue is not a hybrid.

Can someone please help us...please. We spent allot of money to get this car safe for my sister and we dont know where to turn. She has Lupus and needs a car for doctor and its very stressfull not being able to fix this.

Thanks for reading this, sorry it might have been alittle long but was not sure best way to explain the issue.

Mike

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fst2011's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fst2011 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fst2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links