View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default Re: extended warranty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy View Post
Here's a little advice: DO NOT, EVER BUY A THIRD PARTY AUTOMOBILE WARRANTY!

They are not worth the paper their contract is printed on. The only warranties that should be purchased are from the manufacurer. The VTi VUE's had their facorty warranty extended by GM. If GM won't offer you additional warranty for it at a price, do not buy another one and unload the vehicle before the warranty is up.
Depends - I've had several InterContinental Warranty Corporation warranties and they have been great. Even the local Honda stealership sells a third party one (of course they neglect to tell you that it is but the profit is much better for them). They cover the same stuff as a HondaCare or GM warranty for less money and they pay for the repairs with their credit card. When I had my LSS a few years back, two window regulators at $180 a pop and it cost me nothing. My local mechanic did the job too - didn't have to go to a stealer to get it done. The ICW is sold through my credit union & it is a government employee credit union with a lot of customers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote