Thread: Gas Cap
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Gas Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkldeb View Post
What do I do now?

I replaced the gas cap with authentic part and still the engine light comes on. The original one the spring had sprung. New one works fine but the light went off for a day and came back on. Now what? Thanks in advance...
Make sure the its the check-engine-light (see post # 2).

You can also click on thumbnails below to see how many GM vehicles were suffering from gas-cap problems between 2005 and 2008.

I find no evidence GM documented resolving the problem but RedGeminiPA has first-hand knowledge regarding the fill flap material.

The GM replacement cap is best way to go but if you've tried - and still have an EVAP code - you may have a split hose or perhaps a bad vent or purge valve.

The words no one wants to hear - the dealer has the tool to determine which code(s) is / are being set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fuel Cap # 1.jpg (116.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Fuel Cap # 2.jpg (126.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Fuel Cap # 3.jpg (140.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Fuel Cap # 4.jpg (104.8 KB, 11 views)

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote