View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 02:40 AM   #15
LaboysToy
LaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really niceLaboysToy is just really nice

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: Stabilitrac, Traction Control and Brake Lights....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
I'm the last person to recommend any dealer. If I knew I would tell you. The last dealer I used was after buying my L300 in 2005 when some gorilla over tightened the oil filter cap so tight I knew i was going to damage it attempting to unscrew it. I vented my anger to the service manager and have never been to a dealer since. I bought my car used from Saturn and presumed mine was a lease car and serviced by Saturn. Another dealer incident for another car was less than friendly when I ordered a brake master cylinder that took more than a month. My personal experiences are not reflective of all dealers as there are many here that have encountered excellent dealers and mention them by name and area. When an alternator began failing on one car, the dealer wouldn't sell me the diode pack that was part of service manual procedures and would only sell the entire alternator ($100 back then). I was working in NJ and found a local alternator/generator/starter rebuilding facility and simply asked for a diode pack, for $25 and repaired my alternator.
Interesting

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LaboysToy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LaboysToy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LaboysToy is offline   Reply With Quote