View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #20
Shadow_tek001
Advanced Member
Shadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of lightShadow_tek001 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: GM settles suit for faulty Saturn trans - GM states claims are "widely exaggerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGCA_XRL View Post
The TBSS has a transmission failure rate of roughly 50%.

tackepj, I couldn't have said it any better myself (and I tried, haha). Seriously, a car is a big investment for 98% of people. You should research them. If you don't you're setting yourself up for issues, and it's your own fault.

1Saxman, I hope your brother-in-law makes out OK. At the very least you should convince him he NEEDS an extended warranty after the 5 year on the VTI is up.
I agree with everything you have said thus far, here's why:

About a year ago I was looking for a good price on a Saturn vue. I was at the dealership getting maintanence done on my then current L wagon. In thier lot they had a 2003 Vue VTI, and it looked really nice. I knew about the transmission issues they were having, but I did not do any real research into it - I ended up IMPULSE buying it within the next 20 minutes. Over the course of the next 2 weeks I did a ton of research into the VTI and became extremely stress out over it. Thankfully my Mom was looking into buying a new Saturn Outlook so I was able to take advantage of the 30 day exchange policy. Also, in that 2 weeks I had located another Vue, but a AWD V6 that was 2 YEARS YOUNGER! for only $800 more!! from a non-saturn used dealer. Now I'm the proud owner of a 2005 AWD V6 with a ton of options for only $13800CA.

In any case, I was rather dissapointed in myself for making an on the spot desicion in the first place, and allowing a Saturn salesman to convince me that everything would be fine becasue the VTI only fails in eastern areas and there were very few issues on the west coast??? But I was lucky, I got out of it before it was to late. But I would NOT have blamed Saturn, as every company makes mistakes from time to time (the VTI was a mistake), and they did what they were financialy able to to help thier customers. Unfortunatly some thought that was not enough. It was my own ignorence that made me buy that vehicle.

Edward.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Shadow_tek001's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Shadow_tek001 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Shadow_tek001 is offline   Reply With Quote