View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #82
BrendanD
BrendanD is on a distinguished road

Default Re: "S" Series automatic transaxle fluid/filter change

Hey folks, newbie here looking for some advice.

Ordered a transmission filter from my local GM dealer today for the transmission. They also are going to put oil aside for me when I pick up the filter tomorrow. The oil they are selling me is Canadian part number 10953626. I'm assuming this is or the equivalent to what used to be Saturn Transaxle Fluid? Would Mobil 1 synthetic ATF be better or would what the dealership recommends be better? This is the first fluid change for the tranny. It's a 2001 SL1, with 96K KM (not miles, sorry not sure what the conversion is). I'm not expecting it to last forever but I'd like to try to get another year maybe 2 out of it and I don't have a problem paying a few extra bucks for the Mobil 1 if it's better.

Also when I install the new filter on the transaxle should I pour any oil into the new filter or put it on dry? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BrendanD's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BrendanD reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BrendanD is offline   Reply With Quote