View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2
Default Re: Flashback Friday: Did You Know?

Quote:
In 1993 Saturn recycled 41,700 tons of steel/aluminum and 1,640 tons of plastic.
Too bad they stopped. Evidently, you used to be able to take broken polymer S-Series body panels to your Saturn dealer, and they would recycle them according to their material (different panels are different materials, BTW). I tried that in fall of '06, and they couldn't do it. Natural outcome of a discontinued model, I guess.

Quote:
"... a new kind of body construction, which layers high-impact thermoplastics over a steel space frame that is impervious to rust ... "
Tee-hee. 'Course, even though it's not "impervious", it's a far superior design wrt rust prevention.

Charlie, let me repeat what others have said, what a delight it is to check out "Flashback Friday" every week.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote