View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #11
kazlecoat
kazlecoat is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Do You Have A New 5 Door Astra? Does It Have Press Dents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamis View Post
The local dealer receceived a black 5 door XR in the other day. It has been cleaned up now and there are no "press dents" in the rear doors. A side note: the window trim on the Saturns is silver/chrome, not black like yours.
Maybe this chrome trim is an indication of a better finnish on the Saturn Astra - I think a Chrome trim is a feature of the more expensive models here in the UK.

Anyway, my new doors have been fitted now and they are free of dents - unfortunately I can see a slight difference in the existing door pillars, compared to the new ones. I've updated my website with the latest information.

I intend to keep the website going, because even though Vauxhall have now admitted that there was a problem with the manufacturing process, and have rectified it. I think there must be lots of Astras on the road and on dealer's premises with this problem, so buyers need to be careful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kazlecoat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kazlecoat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kazlecoat is offline   Reply With Quote