View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 08:07 PM   #5798
wizerdwolf
wizerdwolf is on a distinguished road

2001 SW2
Default Re: What did you do to your S-Series today...

Popped the CV joint back into place and got all the coilovers on. Think it needs a bit more low though. Going to wait a week to see how it settles.

That said, it's a bit sketch atm as while I was able to tighten the big hat-> damper nuts on the front with just a ratchet after jacking the knuckle upwards to compress the suspension, the same teick failed to work on the back, and the center shaft just rotates. I don't have an impact atm, and Tein cautions about the risk of damaging the inner shaft of these dampening adjustable coilovers using an impact anyway...

If anyone is curious, I'm using Tein Street Advance Z coilovers for the Subaru Impreza WRX. In addition to the normal mods rewuired to make them fit the Saturn, your front top hats will need the bottom hat opening bored out to the inner diameter of the included sleeve/collar that slips on so that it can slide all the way on, and the sleeve/collar thing will need to be omitted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190304_190410_528.jpg (142.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190304_190413_488.jpg (201.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190304_190415_748.jpg (194.0 KB, 14 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wizerdwolf's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wizerdwolf reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wizerdwolf is offline   Reply With Quote