Thread: P0340 code
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #1
Jon Boy
Jon Boy has a spectacular aura aboutJon Boy has a spectacular aura aboutJon Boy has a spectacular aura about

2001 SC2
Default P0340 code

Yesterday on the way to work, my '01 SC2 started running rough and flashing the SES light. I managed to limp to work and used a scan tool to check the codes. It said there was a P0300 and P0341. I got it towed home and started going through the diagnostic flowchart here.

I checked the plugs, and they were looking pretty bad—the gap on one of them was about .072. The resistance on the plug wires was a little low too, so I replaced both the plugs and the wires. I did a little test drive around the block, and it seemed to be running fine again. I went to go to work, and suddenly it was running rough and flashing the SES again. This time it says it's a P0340.

I've checked the plug wires and towers for corrosion, and everything looked good. I checked the resistance from wire 1 to wire 4 and wire 2 to wire 3, and I also checked the resistance on each wire individually and on each coil pack. Everything is within spec. I also checked for arcing and didn't see any.

I backprobed circuit 633 at the PCM, and it was at 4.95 both with the ignition on and the engine on. I also checked the voltage on that circuit at the ICM end, and it was the same.

Everything seems to be connected securely—each plug clicked on each end when I plugged it in. The wiring order at the coil packs is 4-1-2-3.

As far as I can tell, I've been all the way through the diagnostic flowchart, and everything checks out. But it's still running like crap, spewing really rich exhaust, and throwing a P0340 code.

I'm kind of at my wit's end. Where do I go from here?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jon Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jon Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jon Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links