View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #13
yzracer14
yzracer14 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 02 V6 Misfire codes; need engine layout

rockauto.com has the gaskets in stock, at least they did a few weeks ago. Might want to check there.

vhayduk- Yes, I had the exact same codes that you did. if i learned anything over the past few months with my 02' vue problems, it's that the engine can throw some funny combinations of codes.

At first i had exactly the same codes that you do now. I said the same thing you did (how can a leak only cause a misfire in those three?) I have no idea why, I just know that it did. When i replaced the gaskets on the manifold spacer (right next to the thermostat), those codes went away and I got the lean condition code, installing the intake chamber springs fixed that.

Do a google search on those codes. I found a bunch of different vehicles with the same problem of misfire detections in one bank but not the other and it turned out to be gaskets. In short, I don't know why it happens, but it does.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yzracer14's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yzracer14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yzracer14 is offline   Reply With Quote