View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
yzracer14
yzracer14 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 02 V6 Misfire codes; need engine layout

Did you replace your intake manifold gaskets (bottom and top of the plate between the engine block and intake plenum)?

I had the exact same issues that you do now and when I replaced those gaskets, all the misfire codes went away, and I started getting a lean condition code on both banks instead. That then turned out to be the recall issue that requires a spring kit in the top end of the intake manifold. The vent inside the intake plenum is a long black plastic piece and the screws loosen up and create a pretty large air vacuum. To fix it you need to remove all the screws, apply loctite on them, and then install the spring kit on the right side. I went one step further and applied RTV sealant to the gasket. After that, all my codes disappered.

I can't find the TSB for this recall issue but maybe someone who knows where its located can provide you with a link.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yzracer14's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yzracer14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yzracer14 is offline   Reply With Quote