View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 05:26 PM   #4
hrod
hrod is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
1998 SL2
Default Re: Battery replaced- now the dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysvue View Post
I hope your alternator still functions after trying to keep a dead batery alive all these years...
I had a similar thing happen yesterday in my wife's 08 Aura XR. She picked me up and said the AC just died. We were an hour from home so I just rolled the window down in 93 degree heat and headed home. Within 5 minutes idiot lights and other warnings came on at once. I had a bad feeling we were loosing voltage and honking the horn confirmed that. It barely honked.

I whipped it off the interstate in Denver rush hour just in time as the transmission was failing too. Long story short, after replacing the original alternator that was 200 degrees everything returned to normal operations. Alternator was just under $300 at AutoZone. The car has 140k miles on it. I guess on a late model car the proper voltage is critical.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hrod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hrod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hrod is offline   Reply With Quote