View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 01:28 PM   #18
BLKSATSC2
BLKSATSC2 has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSATSC2 has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSATSC2 has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC2
Default Re: Replacing Front Wheel Bearing

Just did this today. And would like to say it was very easy. One note. The pitman arm puller is a great tool. Like the previous post suggest. It saves the boots. And also it makes it a lot easier when doing either side or just 1. Raise both sides together. It make getting the strut out much easier.
I also pull the 2 18mm bolts out and remove caliper and bracket as one unit. It saves time. If you are doing pads then separate of course.
I bought bearings and hubs for the 2 fronts at Detroit Axle. I have used them on my 3800 powered GM cars with great service. Fast shipping. Great to deal with if any issues. I paid around $45 for all. included shipping. some may say the quality is not good at that price, but I am saying that they have served me well in other applications. I buy from them via ebay and paypal.

2002 SC2
2002 Regal 3800
2000 Dakota RT 5.9L
2000 Grand Prix GT 3800
1995 Del Sol V-tec
1992 VW Cabriolet

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BLKSATSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BLKSATSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BLKSATSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote