View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #11
VinceL
VinceL is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: "Sticky" temperature display

Just thought I would post some more experience with my temperature display.

Started the Outlook for the first time about 6 pm. Temperature display said 54 degrees which agreed with another thermometer. Drove several miles to a restaurant, parked, and shut off the engine. As a test, I pressed the Recirc and AC buttons together. As MrHorsPwer said, the temperature display instantly updated to 69 degrees, reflecting the ambient engine heat built up just from being parked for a couple of minutes.

After dinner (less than 3 hours later), I started the Outlook and it showed the 69 degrees from before dinner. The outside temperature at this point was around 45 degrees.

For the first part of the drive home, I could not drive above about 35 mph and the temperature stayed at 69 degrees. Shortly before getting home, I got the speed above 45 mph and the temperature display started dropping. I got home before it could get all the way down to the actual temperature, but it dropped from 69 degrees to 53 degrees in about a minute.

So, I guess my Outlook is behaving as designed. It's just kind of weird compared to the other cars I own or have owned that display the outside temperature.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VinceL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VinceL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VinceL is offline   Reply With Quote