View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
VinceL
VinceL is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default "Sticky" temperature display

Recently (seems like ever since I got the transmission update at the end of October), the temperature display in my dash seems to stick.

For example, this morning the actual temperature got down into the low 30's. When I started up my Outlook around 9:30 am it indicated that the temperature was 35 degrees. I drove about 3 miles and left it parked there for about an hour and a half. When I started it up, it still indicated 35 degrees. I drove the 3 miles back home, was at home for about 2 hours, and then left again. By this time, the actual temperature was over 60 degrees. I drove the Outlook for about 20 minutes with the display continuing to show 35 degrees. Then, all of a sudden, it started changing. In about a minute, it jumped from 35 degrees to 65 degrees.

This kind of sticking has happened at other times. But, I don't recall it happening prior to getting the transmission update. As I recall that update included the TCM and BCM. I'm guessing the temperature display is controlled by the BCM. Maybe the update needs to be re-applied?

I just moved from PA to NC a couple of weeks ago. I guess I'll soon be introducing myself to the local Saturn service manager.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem? If so, what had to be done to fix it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VinceL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VinceL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VinceL is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links