View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 12:03 PM   #76
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Should GM Import the Opel Astra from Europe as Saturn's Next Small Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation84
Ughhh. I hated those ads.The cars were interesting and the Metro and Storm were popular, but those ads... You think the same agency does the Saturn ads? They're equally wretched.
I have heard about the Daewoo rebadging. How long is it going to be before Saturn will be selling something similar? Saturn Optra..... Saturn Forenza.{Whats the other DaeChevy sold there? I can't remember the name.} And ironically Chevrolet is building it's name in Europe with Daewoo product.
We're living in an alternative universe.
Should have clarified re; the reference to GEO.It just seems they've gutted Saturn and now it will simply be a collection of vehicles made by others in a "portfolio" to be sold under one banner.Similar to GEO. Not a successful business model IMHO. However a product sold ONLY by Saturn even built by GM Europe or Brazil would beat going the "Relay" route, or taking a page from the Olds Cutlass school of "brand management".
My friend's wife LOVED her stupid GEO she calls jellybean. It had a Z12 sticker on it that's kinda funny. It finally died after several accidents and what not. Anyway Chevy re-badges 4 Daewoos currently in Canada. The terrible looking Aveo (aka Pontiac Wave, and Suzuki Swift?) The Optra (sedan and wagon), the differently styled Optra5 5-door hatch (that one isn't too bad looking I'm a little ashamed to say ) and the previous Impala rip-off Chevy Epica. Small cars are King here in the Great White North. Why do you think Pontiac dealers FREAKED when there was no Sunfire replacement? Hence the Pontiac Pursuit mentioned in the article Charlie referenced at the beginning of this thread.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote