View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #70
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Should GM Import the Opel Astra from Europe as Saturn's Next Small Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzzy
Well now they just gave up on it and stuck full-size Bow-Ties on Daewoos now. I don't know if you've got 'em in the States, but we have 3 full-fledged Daewoos wearing Bow-Ties here in Canada. I don't see much of the Storm or SC in the Cavalier, but yes the SL is a dead ringer for the old Cutlass. There is even a used car buyer's guide I was checking out and in the SL review it even mentioned that resemblance specifically. I was a kid when GEO disappeard, but everytime I see one of those damn things that stupid song goes through my head "Getting to know youuu, getting to know all about yooouuuu!"
Dammit, it's back
Ughhh. I hated those ads.The cars were interesting and the Metro and Storm were popular, but those ads... You think the same agency does the Saturn ads? They're equally wretched.
I have heard about the Daewoo rebadging. How long is it going to be before Saturn will be selling something similar? Saturn Optra..... Saturn Forenza.{Whats the other DaeChevy sold there? I can't remember the name.} And ironically Chevrolet is building it's name in Europe with Daewoo product.
We're living in an alternative universe.
Should have clarified re; the reference to GEO.It just seems they've gutted Saturn and now it will simply be a collection of vehicles made by others in a "portfolio" to be sold under one banner.Similar to GEO. Not a successful business model IMHO. However a product sold ONLY by Saturn even built by GM Europe or Brazil would beat going the "Relay" route, or taking a page from the Olds Cutlass school of "brand management".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote